Web Content Display
Britam has a stake in the following financial institutions:
- Britam holds 10.64% stake in Equity Bank, making it the second largest single shareholder in the Bank.
- Equity Bank has the largest customer base among commercial banks in the Kenya.
- Equity is credited with extending banking services to a larger demographic population through its accessible and flexible microfinance service provisions. This has cemented its position at the forefront of the industry.
- It is one of the most highly capitalized banks in the region and has received both local and international accolade for its transformational financial model.
- Britam aims to enhance the relationship with Equity Bank for more business with while at the same time extending a wide range of banking properties to diversify.
- Britam has a 48.82 % stake in Housing Finance.
- HF is one of the largest mortgage companies in East Africa and is the only mortgage lender listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- The housing industry in Kenya is growing spurred partly by government plans to provide improved housing for citizens, the growth of the middle income class and improved economic activities.
- For 45 years HF has played a key role in enabling Kenyans to buy, build and own their homes making it the country’s leading mortgage provider.